Friday, March 15, 2013

Let's have a happy Friday!

Brad over at 2 Boys In Love wrote a post this morning in which he listed many (I'm assuming it's not an exhaustive list) things that make him happy.  It's a sweet post and I highly recommend that you go read it if you  have not done so already.  Since I could use a bit more happiness today, I've decided to follow Brad's example in the hopes that it'll "bootsrap" a bit of happiness in my own mind.  So here are some things that make me happy:
Pictures of animals being adorable
are another great source of
happiness for me.
  • Reading Brad's list. Seriously.  His happiness is just infectious.
  • Being told by random people that they remember me, especially if it's for something like "being super friendly."
  • Getting a compliment on one of my humorous/naughty tee shirts.
  • Finishing up a writing session for my novel and looking at the latest word count.
  • Getting a call, message, or note from a friend, showing that they're thinking of me.
  • A pleasant walk on a bright, sunny day.
  • A pleasant walk on a warm, dark night.
  • Spending time with friends.
  • Watching small children play and laugh.
  • Having an intelligent conversation.
  • Learning something new.
  • Spending time with a caring, attentive, and skillful lover.  (Would that it happened more often.)
  • Being silly with friends.
  • Reading a good book.
  • Watching a good movie.
  • Watching a corny, poorly made movie.

4 comments:

  1. I like your list. It was actually very calming to read it. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Calming? Funny, I seem to have that effect on people. I often get told I have a calming voice/demeanor too. Weird.

      Delete
    2. i've discovered i have a thing for voices..... just throwing that in! lol

      Delete