Monday, January 28, 2013

Getting Better

There have been a lot of contributing factors to my silence the past few months and I'm not going to go into all of them.  Suffice it to say that things have happened that made this blog a very low priority for me.  I'm hoping that will change now and that I can get back to posting here more regularly.

Not good guests.
Of course, it does help that I'm feeling better.  I will say that one thing that has kept me from posting here the past couple weeks -- or doing just about anything else -- is a nasty infection that caused me all kinds of problems.  I'm not sure what exactly happened.  I suspect that I scratched my skin and dug just enough that something nasty was able to take root and cause a few problems.  By a "few problems," I mean that I was not able to sit, walk, or lay on my side without major discomfort and even some pretty serious pain at times.  I have friends that suffer from chronic pain for various reasons.  I won't claim that the pain I experienced was anywhere near the level of what they deal with on a regular basis, but I will say that my empathy for their problems was greatly increased due to this experience.

I will say that when you can barely do anything rather than just lay there (on your back), you don't feel like blogging.  Or writing.  Or cleaning.  Or doing just about anything else.  And that's basically what my life was like.

The good news is that the big bad owie is gone, so I can get back to all of those things.  This weekend, I spent some time doing some major cleaning, including making it so the one bathroom is no longer a bio-hazard in the making.  Now I just have to do the other bathroom.

I've also gotten back into my writing.  I worked on my novel.  So now I hope to get back to getting way too personal here.

In other news, Rumor Queen re-friended me on Facebook today.  I'll be interested to see how long before I see too much drama and un-friend him again.

No comments:

Post a Comment