Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Good weekend.

I decided to take a blogging break this weekend.  I decided it would be more personally rewarding to spend the weekend watching television and going out to Home Bar.  It was a pretty busy weekend at the bar this weekend.  The restaurant dining room had a nice flow of business both Friday and Saturday evenings, which is good to know.  I like that Management and his partner (who desperately needs a code name) get business, as it helps ensure that one of my favorite eating establishments stays open.

Saturday night, the place was packed, though not quite as bad as Pride weekend.  It only took me a few minutes to get to the bar and get the bartender's attention to order my cocktail.  On my second time up to the bar, some young thing (who budged in front of me) even spent a moment flirting with me.  It didn't go anywhere, and I half figured he as just being super-friendly because he was drunk.  (Actually, I'm not sure if he was drunk.)  Then I pointed him out to someone else and found out that no, he was being super friendly because he's a hustler.  Oh well, I'm going to claim the compliment anyway.

It turns out that just about everyone I knew was there that night and I got to see more of the same drama to remind me why I don't hang out with some of them.  Sweet Cynic was a drunk mess.  Rumor Queen was trying to play caretaker/babysitter to Sweet Cynic.  He even tried to enlist my aid in his caretaking efforts, which I politely (at least I think I was polite about it) declined.  At any rate, I had a pleasant time.

On Sunday, I went back out for a couple of hours.  Home Bar was having a black party to celebrate the holiday.  I have to say that I though I looked quite dapper in my black and gray vertically striped shirt and black jeans, not to mention my new plaid tennis shoes.  (Yes, I managed to get shoe shopping, and bought two different pairs to treat myself.)  Granted, only the one person at the convenience store complimented me on my outfit.  No one at Home Bar said a word.  Rats.  But it was still a pretty small crowd when I left around 11pm, and I did spend a lot of time in the kitchen to get away from the noise.  What is it with DJ's who seem to think they actually need to make the walls rattle with the volume of their music, anyway?

Beyond that, I spent much of my weekend watching science fiction on Netflix.  I'm getting back in touch with my inner geek.

No comments:

Post a Comment