Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Scheduling Woes

I'm trying to figure out a writing schedule for this week.  I've been doing so well writing every Tuesday, Saturday, and Sunday that I'm quite proud of myself.  This week, though, I'm not sure that arrangement will work, due to other things going on.

Last night, was out late-ish for a group activity.  It was highly enjoyable, but it means that if I go out to write tonight (as I normally would), I will be out two nights in a row.  As much as it pains me to admit it (because it probably means my age is starting to get to me), it can be tiring and a health drain on me to go out two nights in a row.  Especially when you consider that I already threw of my sleep schedule this weekend and I'm just now recovering from that.  I'll probably still write tonight, as I currently feel up to the task and I'm not sure I want to find or make time tomorrow or Thursday to do it.

Saturday is the other issue.  Saturday is the first Saturday of the month, which means that Manly Bar will be having its monthly bear event.  I want to go to that.  This means that I either need to do my writing after I go to Manly Bar or reschedule.  I'll probably go to the diner when I leave the bar anyway, so writing that late at night isn't a huge issue.  The bigger issue is that I don't want to leave my laptop in my car during the freezing winter (especially since I'm going to want to use it as soon as I take it in someplace warm, which is not a good idea), nor do I want to lug the laptop around with me inside the bar.  I suppose I could run home after getting done at the bar, grab the laptop, and go back to the diner.  However, that puts me out of my way.  Plus, once I'm home, I'm not sure I'll want to leave again.  So most likely, I will reschedule my Saturday night writing, possibly either to Friday at the diner (oh dear, that'd make two late nights out again) or at a coffee shop on Saturday afternoon.

Fortunately, Sunday night is still golden, so I don't have to worry about rescheduling that writing day.

Of course, I could always skip a writing day altogether, but I'm trying to avoid that.  I have some momentum going and I'd like to keep it up.

No comments:

Post a Comment