Thursday, February 7, 2013

A pleasant and productive Tuesday.

I had a pleasant evening on Tuesday.  I ended up going to Home Bar for dinner for the first time in months.  Their new bar menu looks pretty nice, though a bit limited in selection, in my opinion.  However, I had their signature burger and it was incredible.  The new cook knows how to make food, it seems.  (One of my problems with Home Bar after Management and his partner got out of the business was that the one person who was cooking tended to overcook everything to the point where it was dry and slightly on the tough side.)

I also spent some time there working on the novel, which is one of the things I love doing at Home Bar.  It's nice to sit there and talk to some of the regulars, then go back into my own little world where I create (or in some cases, chronicle) the activities of my characters.  It gives me something to do while still giving me a chance for socialization.  Though socialization wasn't a huge option last night.  It was mostly just me and the bar (and kitchen) staff.

After that, I came home and downloaded the tax software I use to do my income taxes.  I got my federal form completed and am quite happy with the refund I'm getting.  Unfortunately, I wasn't able to get my state return done yet.  It seems like the company is still working on the bundle for my state.  They say they'll have it done by the end of this week.  I hope so, as I have plans for that money already.  Plans I'd really like to put into action ASAP!

All in all, I felt I got a good bit accomplished Tuesday.  Which is good, as I didn't get nearly as much accomplished last night.

No comments:

Post a Comment