Saturday, February 9, 2013

Snowy Day Musings

It's been a quiet quiet couple days for me, really.  After running errands or going out every evening from Sunday through Wednesday, I decided that I'd stay home and relax on Thursday and Friday evenings.  Of course, that was definitely a good idea on Friday, given the winter weather we're having in my area right now.  It's not as bad here as what Matt and Brad are experiencing (over two feet, yikes!), but there was enough snow in the air and on the ground last night that it made sense to stay off the roads and inside where it was warm and dry as much as possible.  I've already been out this morning though.  The snow is still coming down, though not as bad as yesterday.  The roads are still messy, and I only drove about 20MPH(32km/h) in a 40MPH(64km/h) zone.  In all reality, I probably should've just stayed home this morning, but I had an emergency.  I was craving breakfast pizza.  (Yes, my priorities are a bit messed up, why do you ask?)

One is beautiful.
Millions are a nightmare.
Of course since I'm discussing winter weather, I feel obligated (or entitled) to tell my winter weather joke:

Why is a snowstorm like sex?  Because you don't know how long it last or how many inches you're going to get.

I know, that joke is practically an antique now.  I never claimed to have new or original materials.  That's probably why I gave up on stand-up comedy.

Anyway, back to bad weather and my life.  It was somewhat amusing at work yesterday afternoon.  I don't think anyone on my team (including our team leader and our supervising manager) got any work to speak of done for the last two hours.  We sat around chatting and watching the weather.  We kept teasing our supervising manager, asking us when he was going to send us home due to the bad weather.  I'm not sure why he didn't send us home, other than the fact that we're salary and he'd have to somehow justify paying us for the time we didn't work.  Well, time we weren't in the office.  As I said, it's not like we were actually working anyway.

After work, I had to drive about twenty minutes (well, more like thirty minutes, given the driving conditions) to my credit union to do some banking, then get groceries.  One of the things that drove me to distraction were the number of people who had parked their cars at the end of their driveways.  I assume they did it to try and keep the plows from plowing in the end of their driveways while working on the roads.  I get that, but it also meant some of their cars were almost sticking out into the road, forcing those of us driving to squeeze toward the middle of the road.  The last thing I want to do when the roads are slippery and messy is get even closer to the oncoming traffic!

Anyway, I'm looking forward to a mostly quiet day.  I figure it'll give me time to work on some writing.  After all, I have a Sensual Sunday post to work on for tomorrow.  I think I've decided to continue the story with Liam and Darrel.  I've also decided it'll probably get downright smutty.  Hope y'all enjoy it, or at least don't mind it.  Alas, none of you gave me any feedback on what you'd like to see.  :-P

No comments:

Post a Comment