Saturday, February 16, 2013

I love the feel of shea butter.

Leaves my skin feeling
clean and silky.
This morning, I hopped into the shower and decided to use my SoftSoap body wash with shea butter and almond oil.  I use it every now and then, especially on those days where I want to have an extra special shower experience.  (No, no orgasms were involved).  I just love the feel of it against my skin.  It's nice and silky, as opposed to my other body wash.

As I was showering today, I realized there's another reason I love the feel of that body wash and why it gives me an extra special feeling.  I realized that, at least on an unconscious level, it stirred memories I also associate with shea butter because of another product I favor that has the same ingredient (come to think of it, the textures of the two products are pretty close as a result):  The water based version of Boy Butter lubricant.

I switched to Boy Butter a few years back when one of my boyfriends (Sodomy Badge, to be precise) had a bad reaction to the only lube I had on hand at the time.  (At least, we assume it was a bad reaction to the lube.)  I noticed that the lube had one of the nonoxyl compounds (though not nonoxyl-9) in it.  (Which is kind of weird, because nonoxyl compounds are normally used for spermicidal purposes, which seems pretty pointless in a lubricant that's specifically packaged and marketed for use in anal sex, as this lube was.)  A web search informed me that these compounds can irritate sensitive skin.

Makes other parts of my body feel the same
way.  Parts the body wash doesn't really get
to.  And maybe not the "clean" part so much.
As a result, I went looking for different lubes.  During my search, I ran across boy-butter, which claims to be hypoallergenic and has a rich creamy feeling.  I can't speak to the former, but I can say from personal experience that I completely agree with that second assessment.  In fact, I've pretty much started using Boy Butter exclusively.  I've tried Wet, Astroglide, KY, and a few less-known brands.  One thing I find with all of them is that they have a somewhat tacky texture to them, which only gets worse as they start to dry.  By butter, on the other hand feels creamy, silky, and soothing to me and continues to feel that way even as it starts to dry.  (In fact, it's the only lube I don't feel like I have to wash off immediately after the fun is over.)

So when I wash with that body wash, I think of the good feelings that I associate with my favorite lubricant, and possibly even what I'm doing while using that lubricant.  So it's no wonder I feel extra special and extra good about myself when I use it.

Note:  I am not being paid by the manufacturers of either product mentioned in this ad.  Though if they happen to see this and feel like compensating me for my endorsements, I would not be opposed to the idea.  (Hey, a guy can dream, right?)

No comments:

Post a Comment