Monday, February 25, 2013

Blog Note

Posts are going to be a bit sporadic this week.  Between throwing my sleep schedule out of whack (will I ever learn?) and having a somewhat busy schedule, it's going to be difficult for me to find the time and energy I need to write, let alone manage to have both at the same time.

In the meantime, if you've never seen it before, I highly recommend you check out the 2001 movie "Friends and Family."  It's available for streaming via Netflix.  I watched it this weekend and thought it was hilarious.  Tony Lo Bianco plays a rather convincing Mafia Don, giving the part an air of understated authority and dignity.  Also, the way that the movie plays with stereotypes (imagine a group of stereotypical "Wise Guys" learning to "queen it up") is actually humorous, something I find rare these days.  I have no idea how this movie came out in 2001 and I only discovered it in 2013.

No comments:

Post a Comment