Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Tiring Weekend

I'm pretty tired right now.  Of course, it didn't help that I was slightly deprived of sleep on Saturday night.  I didn't leave Manly Bar until midnight, and then I went to a local diner to have a bit of food.  I didn't get home until after 1am and didn't crawl into bed until almost 2am.  Then Hellcat decided to wake me at around 7am, as she needed more food.   After all, she doesn't think she should have to change her schedule just because I decide to be a fool and stay out late.  I couldn't get back to sleep after that, so I was on the low end of my energy levels.  As such, I took it easy on Sunday.  Of course, I usually take it easy on Sundays. 

This year, I think I saw more of the Superbowl than I have in any previous year.  That's because I ended up going out to eat at a local restaurant with a bar that night.  The place was mostly empty except for the bar area, and they had the Superbowl on every television.  And while I spent most of my time staring at my laptop and working on my novel, I had to look up and take a break every now and then.  That meant staring in the general direction of the big television screen about twelve feet in front of me.  I was bound to see some football.  Not to mention commercials.  Heck, I even caught a few seconds of the halftime game.

From a writing perspective, it was a productive night.  I was able to get a lot of writing done, and the two Long Island ice teas I ordered certainly helped tear down any writer's block and silence the internal critic.  So that was good.

Last night, I had some business I had to take care of, so I spent most of the evening running around in my car.  That pretty much killed my plans to stay at home and try to get some extra rest.  Hopefully I'll find time to get some soon before I crash.  I just got healthy again and I'd like to stay that way.

No comments:

Post a Comment