Monday, February 18, 2013

And on President's Day, he rested.

This has been a pleasant, but busy weekend.  Well, it was mainly just yesterday that was busy.  Sassy Waiter (who is no longer a waiter, since there's no longer a dining room) was organizing a big fundraising event at Home Bar yesterday.  He convinced me to go and check it out.  I had only planned on going for a little over an hour, but I think I ended up spending two hours there.  It was fun.  There was some great music, games, and plenty of good looking guys to check out.  Alas, most of them were taken.  None of them certainly showed any interest in me.

Later (much later) in the evening, I did my weekly writing session at Applebee's.  I love it there and I've actually picked up (not in that sense) a regular server there.  She's a sweetheart and she let's me take up a table for a couple hours.  Plus she puts up with my smartass nature, which is always a plus.

Plus I did my grocery shopping yesterday, which was somewhat frustrating.  Every week, I buy a couple ready-made salads in sealed containers.  I take them to work for lunch a couple times each week.  My regular grocery store was out of them.  (Someone was restocking that section of the store, so he might have been putting more out.  But I was unwilling to stand around and wait.)  So after dinner, I stopped at a different store to pick them up.  That store didn't have any either!  How am i supposed to eat healthy(-ish) when my local stores won't keep my salads in stock?  (Insert melodramatic "woe is me" here.)

Today, I plan on just taking it easy.  I figure I'll watch a couple movies.  Latter Days has been on my mind for a bit, so today may be the day I pull out that DVD.

Granted, I'd love some company right about now. Alas, that doesn't look likely.  As I said, none of the cute guys at the fundraiser gave me a second look.

No comments:

Post a Comment