Saturday, February 23, 2013

Crazy cats, rest, and writing.

Hello!  I'm back!  Zombies didn't really get my brain.  Hellcat was just having a bit of fun there.  Or at least I was having fun, pretending to be Hellcat.  Though I still haven't figured out where this email receipt for a "Tuna of the month" subscription came from.

Not Hellcat, but I sure
recognize that look.
I was pretty tired last Thursday night, seeing as I was out late (being incorrigible, no less) and then had to get up extra early for an early meeting at work Thursday morning.  (I actually got excused from that meeting, so I actually gave up that hour or so of extra sleep for nothing, but oh well.) So I simply was too tired to write a blog post Thursday night.  Then I had a busy day at work at work.  By the time I found time in the afternoon, I just wasn't in the mood to try and be all philosophical.  From there, the post by Hellcat came into existence.

Speaking of Hellcat, she's the reason I'm tired today.  Well, part of the reason, at least.  The other  part of the reason is that I stayed up late last night.  When I finally decided to go to bed, Hellcat decided it was playtime.  Now here's the thing about Hellcat:  She has to be near me most of the time I'm home.  That means that if she decides that despite that fact that their six other rooms and a basement she could play in after I've gone to bed, she finds it necessary to rare and tear through my sleeping area.

Last night, it was bad enough that I decided that my best bet was to get out of bed, find her string, and play with her.  It tends to tire her out and calm her down more quickly.  So at sometime after two in the morning, i was standing in my upstairs hallway, dangling a bit of string for my murderous little muffin.  Is there any greater evidence of just how much I love her.  (Granted, my love for her didn't keep me from cussing her out.)

As such, I've been taking it easy again today, which is why this post is so late.  The good news is that I think I've gotten enough naps under my belt that I can go to the diner later tonight and work on my novel.  I certainly hope so.  I want to get one thousands words written tonight and another thousand tomorrow.  If I do, this will make a week when I got four thousand words written total.  To me, that's a great accomplishment.

No comments:

Post a Comment