Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Loving the Outdoors

As I mentioned in an earlier post, I've been trying to walk more and spend more time outside.  This week hasn't worked out so well as of yet due to the weather and my own tiredness.  But I hope to get back into it tomorrow.  (I'd walk tonight, but I have a long walk planned for tomorrow with Doughnut Lady, a friend who has asked to join me on one of my great treks.)

The exercise has been good for me, and I hope to see the benefits eventually in terms of improved health, increased energy, and maybe even a smaller waistline.  But I think more than that, I'm coming to appreciate being outdoors.  I like the fresh air and the time in the sun.  I like being able to enjoy a nice sunset if I'm walking during the evening.  And I enjoy passing by and even talking ot the occasional stranger on my walks.

Even more, I like how I feel afterward.  Right now, I end up feeling quite tired, but it's a healthy tired.  It's the kind of tired that I feel because my body feels like it's been doing something.  It's the kind of tired that I feel because all is well.  I end up sleeping better as a result, I think.

Granted, right now my walks tire me out a bit much.  Ideally, I'd like to be able to walk between six and seven and still be able to feel active and able to write or do other things until ten, rather than feeling like I should be in bed by eight.  I'm hoping that will come in time, though.  And in the meantime, I'm enjoying myself and dealing with the tiredness, and still enjoying even the tiredness a little.

No comments:

Post a Comment