Thursday, May 31, 2012

Odds, ends, and hashtags.

Today, I had a long and painfully dull shift at work.  Right now, we're in between phases of a project and the tasks that I am to work on for the new phase have not been cleared to start work.  It wasn't until a coworker told me about something he could use help with that I had any tasks at all.

Until then, I spent much of the day playing on twitter.  I decided to come up with the hashtag #TodayWouldBeGreatlyImproved.  Go check out some of my more creative tweets on the topic.  I'd have to say that my favorite would be this one.  I mean, just think about it!  Lightsabre battles!

Wishing my readership looked like this.
I was somewhat hoping that by some miracle, my little hashtag would catch on and more people would join in the fun.  But I suppose I just don't have the readership or follower base to make that happen at this time.  That's the frustrating part of just starting out a blog.  I have to be patient and wait for people to find me and spread me around like...no, we won't go with that analogy....

The  thing is, patience is not one of my strong points.  I often joke that I have plenty of other virtues (obviously, humility is not among them) and should therefore get a pass on my complete lack of patience.  I'm not sure it works that way, but hey.

In the meantime, I just continue to make connections and get myself out there.  Right now, I've started adding a blogroll to my side bar.  (Scroll down to find it.)  It currently has only three blogs on it, but they're all great blogs and there are elements about each of them (particularly the candid openness of them) that remind me of my own goals and the way I want to blog here.

Any of my (handful of) readers know about any other blogs I might enjoy?

No comments:

Post a Comment