Monday, July 30, 2012

I want to find a casual reading place.

Yesterday, I went to a coffee shop and read a couple chapters of "Frey."  I sat on one of the comfy sofas that the proprietors thoughtfully placed about the shop.  I enjoyed my time there and my reading, but part of me really wanted to be outdoors reading.  The coffee shop had outdoor seating, mind you.  However, their outdoor seating has absolutely no shade, and the sun was shining down blistering heat yesterday.  When my choices are between turning into a lobster and accepting indoor seating instead, well, I don't need to sit outside....

However, it occurs to me that I'd really like to find my ideal public reading spot, a spot that has the following characteristics:
  • Is outdoors
  • Is shaded
  • Is sufficiently public and frequented that if I decide to take a break from my reading, I can also engage in conversation
Of course, someplace with comfortable outside seating would also be plus.

No comments:

Post a Comment