Saturday, July 28, 2012

A rough start to a peaceful finish

I ended up going to Home Bar last night.  I decided that I needed to get out of the house for a bit.  I think that the guy I had been talking to earlier this week is going to stand me up this week.  I haven't talked to him for the last couple of days, and a few things that he said Wednesday night just gave me the impression that he's a lot of talk and no action.  I've been there before and I don't want to go there again.  So if I don't hear from him by Sunday, I'm just going to write him off.  Unless he has some major good reason -- like a family emergency r health reason -- I'll just tell him that I don't feel it's worth my time to pursue things with him anymore.  Yeah, I felt great because he showed interest in me.  Someone else will show interest in me too.  And with luck, the next guy will follow through.

This isn't the river I walk along, but it's about as idyllic.
Then around 9pm, Sweet Cynic texted me.  Bear in mind that I haven't heard from him in three or four weeks because he's been dating that asshole.  That would be the asshole that he dated for two weeks, got into a huge fight with back in mid-June, swore he was over and never wanted to talk to, and then proceeded to stick with him for another three to four weeks.  Well, they finally broke up earlier this week, and Sweet Cynic, being totally predictable, ended up texting me now that he's all alone.  I'm tired of that kind of friendship, not to mention tired of listening go on about the obvious losers he keeps getting involved about after he figures out their losers.  So I didn't respond to the text message.  If he texts me again or calls me again, I'm probably just going to tell him that we haven't talked in quite a while, so I've moved on and am not interested in being there for him now that he suddenly "needs a friend" again.

So yeah, this and a general malaise was bothering me, so around 10:30 I decided the hell with it.  I put on some  clothes and headed to Home Bar.  It's amazing what an hour among friends -- not to mention a couple good drinks and the best hot dog with meat sauce in town -- will do for my mood.  I had a great time talking to Management.  Plus, one of the drag queens (I'm not sure of her name) came over, gave me a hug, and told me I looked incredible.  (I was wearing a button-up shirt that was only buttoned up to the sternum, which is not a style usually sport.)  That was an awesome feeling.  And then I went for my midnight walk along the river and through parts of the city before I came home.

As a result, I'm feeling much more peaceful.

No comments:

Post a Comment