Saturday, July 21, 2012

Eating Out and Gay Community

I am a major fan of the whole "Eating Out" series of movies.  One of the thing I love best about the third movie is how it tackles the topic of gay community.  Here's a video of Casey, the main character, giving a speech toward the end of the movie about his experience with the gay community:


Personally, I think that's perfectly expressed.  I've known some people -- including other gay men -- who are very much against the gay community.  I have to wonder if they're talking about the same community I see, because they're descriptions of it are way too simplistic and one-dimensional.  I hope that some day, like Casey in the movie, they might come to see a broader and more diverse spectrum of people in our community.

No comments:

Post a Comment