Monday, July 23, 2012

Tiring weekend

This weekend was pretty tiring for me.  On Saturday, I woke up at 5:30 in the morning and could not get back to sleep.  I laid in bed until about 6:20, when I finally decided that if I was up, I might as well get active and do something.  So it occurred to me that I could go for a walk, as I hadn't gone for one the night before.  So I got up, threw on a pair of shorts and the tee shirt from the previous night, and headed out the door.  I have to say that I think I liked going for an early morning walk as much as I like my late night walks.

When I got back, I decided to get my laundry going, so I gathered up a bunch of non-work clothes and started the washer.  Then I came upstairs and decided to hop in the shower.  I didn't take a proper shower, mind you.  I wanted to wait until I had the clothes I wanted to wear clean.  Instead, I simply rinsed off the sweat and gunk.  Once I got that done, I stripped down both of the beds so I could throw the sheets and pillowcases in the washer as soon as the clothes were done.  Saturday basically become a wash-day at that point, as I then decided to wash the pillows from my bed, as they seemed gross to the touch.

With the washer and dryer both going, I decided to sit down and do some writing.  Like my reading, I haven't done a lot of writing in recent months, and I'm slowly trying to change that.  Saturday, I mostly wrote erotic short stories, which is something I enjoy.  I like to publish them online and I seem to have a small following of people who like my stuff.  A few even occasionally message me to ask when I'm going to write more.  It's a good feeling.

I hope at some point to get back to some of my other stories, though.  Or start new stories.  I certainly enjoy erotic fictions (it's a great way for me to explore my own desires and feelings, after all), but I also like being a writer in general.  Plus, you know, I'd like to write things that I can show friends and family.  Well, non-perverted friends.  (Yes, I do have a few of them!)  Or even just the friends that aren't into gay male sex.

After that, I went to Home Bar for dinner and then back later in the night to go dancing and catch the first drag show.  I even tipped one of the queens.  (Now that I know who "she" is out of drag, I felt it appropriate.  Supporting friends is good, after all!)

I usually try to take a nap between dinner and going back to Home Bar, but that didn't work out this past Saturday.  I laid down and I rested my eyes, which helped, but that's not the same as getting regular sleep.  It made things especially rough on me, given how early I was up.  On Sunday, I was almost completely wiped and stayed home except for going back out to Home Bar around 9pm for a couple drinks and a late night walk in the city.  That's all I could muster given my energy levels, and I almost didn't do even that.

Overall, I thought it was a productive and fun weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment