Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Takes more than wishful thinking

This morning, I woke up and discovered that Rumor Queen sent me a friend request on Facebook.  I decided to accept his request.  I figure that he'll be on my friend list for a month or so, then when I go to purge said friend list, he'll come back off it on the grounds that we haven't talked.  It seems to be the way things go.

I noticed today that he posted something last night on his timeline about missing me.  So I decided to brooch the subject and ask the all important question:

So what are you going to do about it?

This isn't going to
get him what he wants.
When he repeated that he missed me, I explained it more clearly.  I pointed out that he should still have my phone number and could text me at any time.  I pointed out that he could contact me on twitter or facebook or even comment on my blog.  I pointed out that he could invite me to go for a walk or something at some point.  My point was simple:  There are dozens of ways in which he could initiate contact and communicate with me.  It's simply a question of what he's willing to do.

As near as I can tell, it went completely over his head.  It's as if he expects the fact that he's announced that he misses me is all he has to do, and now he can sit back and wait until I magically get back into his life.

There's just one problem:  He's the one missing me.  I won't say that I don't miss him at all, but I'm doing okay without having him in my life, and while I'm not opposed to spending some time with him as  a friend (as long as he doesn't try to involve me in his or his other friends' drama), I'm also not hot to do so and am not really interested in making much effort at it.

If he wants to get back into my life (and note, I'm not interested in setting aside my life to get into his), then he's going to have to do what's necessary to do it.  Otherwise, he can go right on missing me.

No comments:

Post a Comment