Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Feeling good (about myself)

I'm feeling a lot better after the disappointment of the coffee date.  I spent some time last night just relaxing, watching television, and chatting with guys online.  What really helped is that I took the time to remind myself of what the other guy told me, though I'm not convinced he was sincere about when he said it.

I'm a great guy.

Doing little things, like cracking jokes, laughing at my wit, having a great phone conversation with Southern Helle, telling stories, watching movies, being exuberrantly friendly with a pizza delivery guy while shirtless (hey, at least I put on shorts!) all are things that remind me how wonderful I am and what I have to offer the world, and not just some guy (thougH I have a lot to offer the right guy, too).

So I guess this is a friendly reminder to myself:  When I have a disappointment involving some jackass, I should go back to the basics.  I should pamper myself and remind the world just how awesome I am.

No comments:

Post a Comment