Thursday, August 30, 2012

Colorful Needs New Shoes

For those who read this post's title and expected me to talk about gambling, you're going to be disappointed.  But on the bright side, you have the pleasure of knowing that you got my attempt at a comedic reference.  Yeah, I guess that makes me something of a tease.  But I'm only a non-sexual tease.

I'm trying to get back into walking again.  I pretty much stopped for a couple (two? three? four? I don't remember!) weeks.  I'm trying not to be too hard on myself about the lapse, since beating myself up and sending myself into a guilt-ridden funk.  Instead, I'm going to accept that I was dealing with too much exhaustion and other stuff to keep at it and congratulate myself for getting back on the horse now that I'm finding the energy again.  Rewarding good behavior is so much better than flogging myself (since I can't find a cute guy to flog me for me) over the slip-ups.

Of course, I've also realized I have one walking-related problem that needs to be resolved soon:  I really do need new shoes.  Well, sneakers.  The insoles of my current pair are worn down to being nonexistent in places, which means that they're rubbing the soles of my feet in unfortunate ways that are doing horrible and unspeakable things to them.  As I tend to like the soles of my feet and would prefer them not to become permanently malformed or otherwise damaged, I've decided to set aside some money from tomorrow's paycheck and hit the clearance section of my favorite shoe store.  (Wait?  I have a favorite shoe store?  Can I get any gayer?  (Don't answer that!))

So tonight, after Home Bar, I'll be taking my pleasant stroll again through parts of the city.  It'll be good to et back into it.  And tomorrow, it'll be even better to buy and put on a pair of sneakers that don't commit acts against my feet that are probably outlawed by the Geneva Convention.

No comments:

Post a Comment