Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Get Personal With Me: Closeness

I'm quite excited.  Last month, G(WT)P received 501 pageviews!  That's more than twice the number I received in the month of June.  It seems like I've gotten a pretty nice readership (and Google Analytics tells me I have a pretty good returning readership as well).  I even seem to be picking up a overseas following, which is cool.

As the start of a new month, I want to try something new.  In order to generate more comments and also make The G(WT)P epxerience more of a community experience, I've decided to start a weekly series called "Get Personal With Me." Each Wednesday afternoon, I'll post a question inviting my readers to share something about themselves.

Obviously, other readers are welcome to discuss each other's experiences.  Everything is strictly voluntary.  You're not required to share your own experience (though please refrain from sharing someone else's experience rather than inviting them to share it first-hand themselves), and sharing your own experience is not required to talk about an experience someone else shares.  However, I do strongly encourage everyone to (re-)familiarize themselves with my comment policy before joining in a "Get Personal With Me" discussion.  Also, if you have (or know of) a blog post that is relevant to the discussion, feel free to share a link.  Just please give warning if your link might not be safe for work.

With that said, let's get on to today's episode of "Get Personal With Me."  Today's topic is closeness.

Best buds forever!
What are some of the things that generally cause you to feel especially close to someone else?  Is there an instance where you felt particularly close to someone?  Describe what it was like.

1 comment:

  1. For me, physical closeness has always been a major component of emotional closeness and intimacy. Whether I'm hugging a friend, leaning in close to listen to what their saying, or laying in the arms of a lover, the sense of having them right there with me helps me feel closer to them on an emotional level. It creates an atmosphere where I feel like I can talk about almost anything.

    ReplyDelete