Saturday, August 25, 2012

Aw? You don't think I'm the hottest guy on earth?

Every now and then, I put out a personal ad.  I don't really expect to get any results from them, but I figure nothing ventured, nothing gained.  Today, I put out one such ad, indicating that I was a romantic and sweet guy looking to connect with other guys and see what happens.

I had  guy who is twenty years older than me respond to the ad.  His response basically made it clear that sex was the primary and possibly the only thing on his mind.  Given the age difference and the fact that this particular ad gave no indication I was looking for sex (and I've submitted ads where my primary and sole interest was in finding sex before), I decided that I wasn't interested.  So I sent him a brief message that simply said, "No thanks."

Of course, the email account I use for personal ads includes the following fun little tag-line:

Some say humor is sexy.  If that's the case, then I may be hottest guy you know.

I think it's fun, and it highlights what I think is one of my greatest qualities.

Well, apparently, the guy decided that because I told him I'm not interested -- heaven forbid I have a say in who I pursue a relationship with -- he needed to let me know his opinion on the matter:

I doubt you are the hottest guy I know.  I know some very sexy ones.  Good bye.

LOL!  Good luck, guy.  Hopefully one of those other sexy guys that you know will be willing to give you what you were seeking from me.  Granted, my pettier side wonders...if you know so many sexy guys that are probably hotter than me, why were you seeking me out anyway?

Somehow, I think I'll find a way to survive knowing that this guy doesn't think I'm the hottest guy he knows.  It may be hard, though.

No comments:

Post a Comment