Sunday, August 12, 2012

Why Sassy Waiter has his code name

Yesterday evening, I went to Home Bar for dinner.  As it was Saturday night, Sassy Waiter was working.  I love Sassy Waiter.  I love the rest of the staff there, but I don't get quite the same fun as I get with him.  We play-spar a lot.  To give you an example from last night:

Sassy Waiter:  Can I get you anything else?

Colorful:  (To Management.)  Should I use the line I did the other night?

Management:  I don't see why not.

Colorful:  (To Sassy Waiter.)  Yes.  I'd like a good looking top whose idea of a great night involved making a fat balding guy moan in ecstasy.

Sassy Waiter:  (Pause.)  Well, I have a check for you.

Management:  (After a long pause.)  You know, I don't think I've ever seen anyone strike Sassy Waiter speechless before....

Sassy Waiter:  I am not speechless.  I had a perfectly witty retort for that.

Colorful:  Okay.  I'm waiting to hear it.

Sassy Waiter:  Oh, fuck you!

(Everyone laughs.)

A post about Sassy Waiter would be
incomplete without an image of a cat.
Now, in fairness, I don't always come out on top in these exchanges.  Sassy Waiter often gives at least as good as gets.  But you know, it's my blog, so I get to choose the example that casts me in the best possible and even superior light.  To riff on Mel Brooks, "It's good to be the queen!"

But that's what I love about going to Home Bar, well besides just feeling comfortable there and the fact that the kitchen pumps out some of the most delightful food on the planet.  I like the back and forth comments, the raunchy humor, and the fact that everyone fully understands it's all in fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment